Thursday 1 October 2015

A Curious Flock


A curious flock

I first showed my new bird shaped birdfeeders back in July 2014 with a post about how I made the slip mould from the original sculpture.
Now at last they are finished, and I'm really cuffed with how they've turned out!
I decided to glaze them as British bird species.

There's Robin:
DSC_0302
DSC_0305

Greenfinch:
DSC_0285
DSC_0288

Bullfinch:
DSC_0311
DSC_0312

Goldfinch:
DSC_0291
DSC_0292

And Bluetit:
DSC_0296
DSC_0300

It's hard to choose a favourite out of these guys, I love the Bluetit and Goldfinch a whole lot but the others turned out great too!

I think they'd look pretty nifty with a tea light in their tummies as a table ornament too.

They are all for sale *much as I'd like to keep them.*

They are all hand made from start to finish by me. If you read the mould making process linked above you'll see just a part of what that involved. It makes each one an individual and unique.
I certainly don't intend to be making masses of these because as much as I love them, the time involved just to glaze them is huge, so you will be buying a very special limited edition piece.

They are approximately 20cm tall.

I can't guarantee frost resistance. I have items I've made in my garden surviving just fine but there's no real guarantee so if you live in cold climes I suggest it might be best to bring them in in winter or use them as an indoor ornament.

Price is £40 each except for the Bullfinch which is £35 due to a slight crawl on the red glaze which has left some white areas, though it's not all that noticeable and doesn't detract from the overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment